SUMMON SWIMMING CANDIDATES

Conduct University-wide Canvass to Find Team Material.

The first practice for Freshman swimmers will take place in the Cambridge Y. M. C. A. tank, Central Square, this afternoon at 4 o'clock. All 1921 candidates will report at that time to Coach Waters of the Y. M. C. A., who will have charge of the team instruction. Coach Waters was University and Freshman swimming coach two years ago, and for part of the time last year. It is hoped later to secure, in addition, the services of Coach Dome of the Boston Y. M. C. A., instructor of last year's teams.

The question of an informal swimming team this year has not yet been decided upon. Freshman manager candidates are now engaged in a University-wide canvass to discover what former swimmers can come out for the team if one is formed. As soon as the reports from this canvass are completed, it will be known whether there is sufficient interest to organize a team. The captain-elect of this season's swimming squad, R. E. Jackson '19, was commissioned a lieutenant at the last Plattsburg award, and none of the regulars of last year's team have returned to College.