WILL CONVENE ATHLETIC CLASS

FIRST-YEAR ORGANIZATION HOLDS INITIAL MEETING OF SEASON.

The Freshman class in general athletics will hold its initial meeting of the year today in the renovated Randolph Gymnasium. With a good-sized enrolment, in view of present conditions, the class will practice three times a week hereafter, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons. Those members of 1921 who applied for admission have been divided into four groups, a boxing squad under Professor Foley, a fencing squad under Professor Leslabay, a wrestling squad under Professor Anderson, and a swimming squad under Coach Waters.

Although proficiency in these branches of sport will be aimed at, the primary object of the class will be to provide an opportunity for first-year men to secure exercise and further physical development. Such an opportunity is seldom offered men who are not members of any organized athletic team. The custom of holding class has been existent for ten years, although last season a decreased number of applicants threatened the abandonment of the plan. No expense is attached to membership in the organization, not-with standing which, the best coaching is afforded members. The class is open to all Freshmen.

H. A. A. Supervises Class.

F. W. Moore '93, Graduate Treasurer of the Athletic Association, will have general supervision of the work of the four groups. Requests for transfer from one sport to another can be made at the office of the H. A. A. A special arrangement has been planned by which members of the class can join Professor Schoroeder's division in general gymnasium exercise, which meets at 5 in the afternoon.