1919 DANCE POSTPONED TO MEET FUEL RULING

TO BE HELD IN SPRING

The Junior Dance Committee met last evening and decided that in view of the serious situation due to the coal shortage, it would be inadvisable to hold the dance until such time as that situation should change for the better. The original plan was to give the dance in the Union on February 12. This arrangement would have been within the letter of Fuel Administrator Storrow's ruling in regard to the 10 o'clock closing hour, for the Union is not considered either a public or a private dance hall, but the committee felt that to postpone the function would be more in keeping with the spirit of the order. The committee expects that it will be possible to hold the dance shortly after Easter, and will proceed with the preliminary arrangements with that end in view. No earlier time can be planned for because it would be inadvisable to give the dance during Lent.

In Accord With Altered Schedule.

One of the most impelling reasons for this postponement was that the committee considered the dance would be out of place in view of the present agitation in the University in favor of moving the schedule of classes forward an hour. As the members of the committee favored this scheme, it was felt that any such function would be inconsistent with the fuel-saving plan.