SCHOOL FOR BOY SCOUT MASTERS

To Hold Position Men Must be 21 and Unfit for Draft.

A school for Boy Scout masters, made necessary by the prevailing lack of men eligible for positions in the scout service, has been organized and is open to all members of the University. This course, the meetings of which are to be held at Boston University, will extend throughout a period of three months. There will be no expense attached, instruction will be individual and under the tutelage of experts, and the amount of time occupied will consist only of weekly meetings coming every Thursday. The period of apprenticeship over, a scout master is expected to devote two hours a week to evening drill in addition to taking charge of an occasional field excursion.

Qualifications for candidacy to the new school are three in number: the applicant must be of age, though not subject to draft for military service; he must consent to pursue the three months' schooling to the end; he must be able and willing to serve without pay for two years as a scout master.

In such numbers has the war drawn scout leaders from their former service that the present call for candidates is an urgent one. Further particulars are obtainable at 9 University Hall.