REGISTER GOES ON SALE

ALL ACTIVITIES LISTED

The 1917-18 University Register, edited by a Board working under the auspices of the Student Council, goes on sale for $1.25 today at Leavitt and Peirce's, the Co-operative and Kent's Bookstore. Last Wednesday the first copies of this year's edition were shipped by express from the printers in Rutland, Vt., and are due in Cambridge some time this morning.

In previous years the Register has usually appeared during the first week in December, but on account of a late start in the fall and the time required in compiling the undergraduate war record list, the publication this year has been considerably delayed. Also the aim of the Register Board this year has been for accuracy throughout, and an earlier publication of the book has been sacrificed to this end. All information is correct up to November 1, 1917.

As the copies of the Register arrive from the printer they will be ditsributed to the subscribers and also placed on sale in the Square. It will be possible for subscribers to obtain their volumes at the Register Office, Weld 46.

Similar to Last Year's Edition.

This year the Register contains essentially the same statistics and information as last year's volume. The various undergraduate organizations, their membership and activities, are included, as are the records and personnel of athletic teams and information regarding alumni associations, student administration and scholarship standing. There is also a geographical directory, a directory by dormitories, a general directory of all officers and students in the University, and an index of their College activities.

The important innovation in the 1917-18 Registers is the inclusion of a list of the members of the classes of 1918, 1919 and 1920 in service, with their rank and addresses. The difficulty of compiling these names was much greater than was at first anticipated, but every man in regard to whom information, however slight, was obtainable has been placed on the records.