$100 PRIZE OFFERED COMPOSERS

All Francis Boott Manuscripts Must be Submitted by April 15.

Announcement is made of the terms of competition of the Francis Boott '31 Prize for musical composition. A prize of $100 is yearly awarded to the writer of the best musical composition offered in case it is deserving of the award in the opinion of the judges. Undergraduates and members of any graduate school in the University are allowed to compete.

The composition must be for four or more voices, with or without accompaniment, or solos. If solos are included, they must be merely incidental and subordinate. The text may be either sacred or secular. If the music is to sacred words, the type exemplified in the masses of Cherubini or Mozart and in the Mendelssohn motets is recommended by the terms of Mr. Boott's request. The title page of each manuscript submitted must be signed with an assumed name or motto, the same to be written on the envelope of a sealed letter in which is enclosed the real name of the competitor. Manuscripts are to be sent to the chairman at 81 Green street, Coolidge Corner, Brookline, by April 15, 1918. The committee in charge of the competition is composed of Arthur Foote '74, George A. Burdett '81 and Frederick S. Converse '93.