NEARLY 6,000 ON WAR RECORDS

Only Voluntary Statements Being Listed in the Union.

The University War Records' Office, recently established by the Alumni Bulletin in the Union, has, to date, received reports from between five and six thousand graduates and undergraduates now in war service. In the compilation of the list of alumni and students of the University who are now engaged in the service of the Government, the War Records' Office has relied solely on voluntary statements from the men now in the army or navy. It would be impossible for the office to comb the records of the million or more men now in the military and naval forces in order to obtain the necessary information concerning those who have been connected with the University. Through every possible means, however, the War Record Office is requesting men in service to send to Cambridge reports of their activities. Not only are the records of the original enlistments desired, but also all changes in service.

The University war records of the Civil War were not compiled until after 1865, and great difficulty was experienced then in obtaining complete data.