UNIVERSITY HEADS A.F.S. LIST

COLLEGE DRIVERS IN AMBULANCE TOTALED 1,890 IN FIGURES BY VAN DYKE.

The University leads all other American colleges and educational institutions in the number of men who served in the American Ambulance Field Service which has recently been dissolved. According to figures collected by Professor Paul Van Dyke of Princeton, associate director of the University Union in Paris, Harvard has been represented by 311 out of the 1,890 college men who, have been in the American Service. Yale is second with 192, and Princeton third with 190.

The number of men accredited to the University by Professor Van Dyke shows a slight discrepancy in the statistics published in yesterday's CRIMSON, which were compiled by J. H. Hyde '98, of Paris. These latter figures showed that 348 Harvard men were in the American Field Service before it was taken over by the United States Army. The difference in the figures is due to the fact that Professor Van Dyke includes in his statistics only drivers in the ambulance section proper, while Mr. Hyde's report also took into consideration the supply and other branches of the American organization.

The institutions represented by the largest numbers who volunteered for the Ambulance Service are listed below: Harvard,  311 Yale,  192 Princeton,  190 Dartmouth,  122 Cornell,  107 California,  66 Stanford,  56 Columbia,  49 Mass. I. T.  39 Chicago,  38