FLYING SERVICE OPEN

GREAT O. T. C. CAMP FOR TRAINING CIVILIANS TO OPEN IN CALIFORNIA.

The flying service of the army has again been opened to civilian applicants through the Aviation Examining Board. Men 18 to 21 years of age who are not enlisted in any branch of military service and who have not been inducted into the Students' Army Training Corps may apply for training as Airplane Pilot or Airplane Observer.

Those who successfully complete their preparation and pass their flying test recenve the Second Lieutenant's commission.

Men who regard themselve as fitted for flying or for the balloon service, may apply to Captain Bentley, President, Aviation Examining Board, at 755 Boylston street, Boston.

All inquiries made by mail' should contain a careful statement of the age, education, training, and special aptitude of the person seeking an examination.

Great Infantry Camp.

The greatest opportunity yet offered to civilians for gaining a commission in the Infantry is now open; a new Training School has been established at Camp Freemont, Cal., to which civilian candidates will be sent after presenting themselves for a preliminary examination to the officers designated for this purpose.

All draft registrants between the ages of 18 and 46 are eligible, excepting resistrants in Class 1 who registered prior to September 12, and registrants in deferred classification on account of industry, occupation, or employment including agriculture.

New England has been caled upon to supply 1220 candidates; the quota for Massachusetts is to be 620, to arrive at Camp Freemont, Cal., not later than December 1.

The office for furnishing information and conducting examinations is at 45 Bow street, Major Williams, U. S. A. in charge.