MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Tomorrow marks the end of the present term, the first third of the College year. When the University resumes its program on the second of January, not only a new year and a new term, but also new conditions will great the returning student body.

The placing of the colleges on a war basis, and the interruptions caused by the influenza epidemic, have made this an abnormal year in the life of the University. For the first time there was an actual suspension of practically all college activities. The University seemed less like itself than ever before in its history.

Happily, emergency conditions are now passed. With the coming of the new year will also come a more normal college organization. Courses will again be given at their regular hours leaving ample time for extra collegiate journalism. The various college publications will resume on a normal basis. Life at the University will once more assume the enjoyable aspects it bore before the war.

During the coming recess there will be time for each undergraduate to plan just what he should do to reap the full benefits of his stay at the University. There will be many opportunities for all, in every line of work; and no man should fail to take advantage of them and make up for lost time.

The CRIMSON wishes all a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year; a year of peace and prosperity, of happiness and contentment. Long have we waited for the day when the booming of guns should no longer be heard. Now we have hopes that the destructive forces of war shall never again be employed on this earth. The coming of peace means the awakening of every ambition which has been lying dormant in every breast.

Let good cheer abound this Christmas as never before, but let the return to College be of greater significance than in all past years. With a greater student body, with greater hopes and greater opportunities, the coming year should truly be one of meritorious achievement. Each man must do his part.