RECESS BEGINS DECEMBER 22

FRESHMAN DORMITORIES TO OPEN FOR MEN RETURNING FROM SERVICE.

The Christmas recess this year will extend from December 22, 1918, to January 1, 1919, inclusive. All students under the Faculty of Arts and Sciences are required to register at places to be announced between the hours of 9 A. M. and 6 P. M. on Thursday, January 3, and lectures will commence on the 6th.

Men returning from military service to College or others who come in late, may apply for rooms in the Freshman dormitories, which will be repainted as soon as the S. A. T. C. has moved out. Which dormitories will be used has not yet been decided. Westmorly and Randolph will probably be available as soon as vacated by military units. The Freshmen who now occupy rooms in Hollis, Stoughton, Holworthy, and Thayer will remain in their present rooms throughout the year. Those men who wish temporary quarters in the Freshman dormitories for the remainder of this terms should apply at Dean Mayo's office, University 2.

The second term will begin January 2, and end Thursday, March 20. Spring vacation will extend from Friday, March 21, to Thursday, March 27, inclusive. The third term will be the shortest of the three, since the final examinations commence June 1.

At the end of the first and second terms, an hour examination will be held at the final meeting of each course. No three-hour examinations will be held at mid-years, but the regular final examinations will take place in June.

Class Day will probably be held as usual, but this has not yet been definitely decided. Whether or not the old-schedule of classes from 9 to 1, 1.30 to 2.30, etc., will be resumed will be announced when the new pamphlet of Courses of Instruction is given out.

Courses will ordinarily count as one-third, two-thirds, or full courses, as the case may be, towards the requirements for a degree. Men discharged from the units may remain in College as unclassified students.