ATHLETIC HEADS CONFER

SPRING SPORTS POSSIBLE

Dean Briggs went to New Haven yesterday to discuss plans for spring athletics with the authorities of Yale and Princeton, which universities will be represented by Dean McClenahan of Princeton, and Professor Robert N. Corwin, chairman of the Yale Board of Athletic Control. An attempt will be made to frame an understanding in regard to all spring sports, but special emphasis will be laid on baseball and rowing.

In New Haven, members of the Board of Control have stated that there is no chance of holding the usual dual track meets, although they hope to have their freshmen meet the University and Princeton yearlings in track games. They also hope that crew races can be arranged between the three colleges.

"Restricted Sports" for Yale.

In general, Yale's athletics this spring will be called not "informal" but "restricted sports." Some of the contemplated restrictions are:

No lavish preparation for events, such as advertising.

No record-breaking crowds making the recreational sports a spectacle.

No lavish expenditures in coaching or training table.

No big Commencement games. Yale's Commencement this year will be of a decidedly patriotic and not athletic nature.

No long trips for any Yale athletic teams. Probably a rule will be passed requiring teams to return to New Haven the same night of the events.

Only three days' practice a week will be allowed, the other three being taken for the military drill.

Only members of the military companies will be eligible for Yale athletic teams.

No definite plans for the athletic events will be made till the beginning of the spring term in April. In case of a national crisis all athletic activity will cease and every athletic event will be canceled.

All "spontaneous" events in baseball, rowing and track athletics will be encouraged, like class and inter-department games, but intercollegiate events will be infrequent.