YALE'S NEW MOVE

True to the general policy of colleges at the present time, Yale has taken one more step towards a complete military regime. She already has an extensive course in military training and now proposes to add to this at the expense of the regular college work.

In this decision we can see the effects of the new draft regulations concerning men in college training units. As all men in these units now may get into Officers' Training Camps, it is only right that they have sufficient training to make them excellent material for the Camps. The three hours of college work sacrificed in this change will not seriously effect general education, and yet the military experience which will be gained is of great importance, considering the advantages offered by the Government to college men.

A good feature of the plan is the requiring of a certain number of hours of History and French, besides military work for men entering college. This will not only add appreciably to the usefulness of an officer in war, but cannot be objected to by opponents of the militarization of colleges. Since those two subjects are valuable in themselves.

Altogether this plan is good. It will not threaten academic work, yet it will help to meet more completely the military obligations which the Government has placed on American colleges.