SCHAUB APPOINTED ACTING DEAN OF BUSINESS SCHOOL

GRADUATE OF LAW SCHOOL

In the absence of Dean Gay, now serving on the Commerical Economy Board of the Council of National Defence, Lincoln F. Schabub of Cambridge will act as head of the Graduate School of Business Administration. Dean Gay has been acting on the Economy Board since early last spring, but recently he has found that his duties as a member of the Council of National Defence require oo much time to permit him to continue his work as dean of the Business School.

Office Only Temporary.

Mr. Schaub received the degree of bachelor of laws from the Law School in 1906. He is a graduate of the College of Charles City, Ia., and has received the A.M. degree from the State University of Iowa. He will act as the dean of the Business School as long as Dean Gay continues his work in Washington, but at the end of that time will resign his position in favor of Dean Gay. It is expected that the latter will continue to serve on the council throughout the duration of the war, and possibly in reconstruction work after the conclusion of the war.

Dean Gay is the second University professor appointed to an economic board at Washington, the other being Professor F. W. Taussig '79, who is now serving as chairman of the Federal Tariff Commission. Dean Gay was appointed to his office in the Business School in 1908.