UNION AND VARSITY CLUB TO BE USED BY COLLEGE

ORIGIN STILL UNKNOWN

Yesterday the University made all necessary plans for the accomodation of those departments of the College, the Ensign School and the scenario division of the Federal Committee on Public Information which formerly occuterday's fire is still unknown, except tha terday's fire is unknown, except that the blaze started in the basement of the building. The interior of the hall was completely destroyed, but it is believed than the walls have not been weakened or damaged to any considerable extent. No plans have yet been made in regard to restoring the building.

Hereafter the Ensign School of the First Naval District, whose headquarters were formerly in Dane Hall, will have administrative offices in the Union. Since plans for the opening of the west wings of that building as lounging, smoking and reading rooms have been postponed on account of the coal shortage, the occupation of a portion of the Union by the Ensign School will cause no further disarrangement of the College. The third session of the Ensign School, which is scheduled to start on February 11, will not be delayed by the transference of the School's headquarters.

The offices for the Department of Economics will move to the Varsity Club, as will also the office of the Bursar. The Varsity Club has been closed since the abandonment of formal athletics at the University.

The office in Dane Hall of Professor George Pierce Baker '87, who was recently appointed head of the Division of Films of the National Committee on Public Information, will probably be moved into Wadsworth House, there now being enough unoccupied rooms in Wadsworth House to accommodate Professor Baker's staff.

According to an announcement from the College Office yesterday afternoon, all papers and documents of importance that were in Dane Hall were saved from the fire. No theses, reports or examination books were lost, the examinations taken recently by the Ensign School having been recovered yesterday.