CRIMSON COMPETITION TO START

All Candidates Will Meet at Crimson Building Monday at 7.

The annual spring competitions for positions on the CRIMSON Board in the news, editorial and business departments will commence next Monday, February 11, at 7 o'clock. At that time all candidates will meet at the CRIMSON Building, where the nature of the work will be described.

The editorial competition, open only to Juniors, affords members of 1919 their last opportunity to make the Board. Candidates will be required to write a certain number of editorials each week on questions of particular interest to the University. The two new competitions for Sophomores and Freshmen respectively will be conducted separately, so that the first year men will be at no disadvantage. This is the last news competition open to 1920, and the first open to 1921. The work will consist in covering and writing of new of general interest to members of the University.

The business department competition offers to Sophomores the best course of training for later business work, which can be found among undergraduate activities. Candidates will be expected, in addition to soliciting advertisments and subscriptions, to do a certain amout of office work. Those men who are taken on the Board will compete for the position of Business Manager during their Junior year.