WILL NOT CONTINUE TRACK CARNIVAL THIS AFTERNOON

Freshmen Begin Practice for Meet With Worcester Academy on Saturday.

Even if weather conditions are favorable this afternoon none of the remaining events of the mid-winter track carnival will take place today. An attempt will be made to complete the program tomorrow afternoon, beginning at 3.30, but it may be necessary to leave a part of the schedule over till Wednesday. At any rate, the 1921 interdormitory teams and the class relay teams will run tomorrow on the board track, and the broad-jump will be held in the cage. This means that there is still an opportunity for men who have not yet done so to take a strength test, if they will report at Randolph Gymnasium between 1.30 and 3 o'clock today. No entrants will be allowed who have not recently passed such a test.

The Freshman track squad will begin active preparations today to get in the best possible condition for the meet with Worcester Academy on Soldiers Field on Saturday. The events of the day will include the 40-yard dash, the 45-yard hurdles, the 300 and 600-yard races, and the half-mile and mile runs.

For field events there will probably be a high jump and a 12-pound shot-put, but as there is not a single vaulter in the whole University this year there will be no pole vault on the program.

Although Worcester is said to have an unusually strong aggregation, the Freshman bid fair to give them a close contest and if present indications hold true stand an excellent chance to win the meet.