LIBRARY IN MEMORY OF W.H. MEEKER GIVEN TO CRIMSON

CONTAINS 1,000 VOLUMES

As a memorial to his son, William Henry Meeker '17, who was killed at Pau in an aviation accident on September 11, 1917, Mr. Henry E. Meeker '89 has given to the CRIMSON a library of a thousand volumes. One of the last wishes of Meeker, who was President of the CRIMSON while in College, was that if any thing happened to him while in France, his own library be given to the CRIMSON, and it is in accordance with this wish that the gift has been made.

Many Authors Represented.

The Memorial Library includes not only many of Meeker's own books, but also many other volumes by American and foreign authors. A particular attempt was made to secure publications dealing with the University, its history and its graduates, and many other books of reference were included. Among the volumes are complete sets of Dickens, Thackeray, Scott, Stevenson, Tolstoi, Turgenieff, Austen, Poe, Kipling, Hugo, Warner, Lowell, Holmes, Smollett, Fielding, Chaucer, de Maupassant, O. Henry, Newton, Pope, Burns, Spenser, Eliot, Hawthorne, Bulwer, Lever, Harte, Voltaire and Mulhbach. The Encyclopedia Britannica and complete editions of the "Spectator" and "Tatler" are also included.

The library will be installed in the CRIMSON Sanctum. When all the books have arrived, arrangements will be made for a simple opening ceremony to which members of the University and the Faculty will be invited.