TWO RACES HELD YESTERDAY

Perrin Won 7-Lap and O'Connell 20-Lap Contest on Board Track.

As a result of continued rains the board track on Soldiers Field was altogether too slippery yesterday afternoon for the complete program of events as announced for the second day of the annual mid-winter track carnival to be run off. Only a small number of men responded to the summons for the interdormitory and interclass relay races, and it was decided, therefore, to hold only the seven-lap and the 20-lap handicap races for entrants from any class in the University. Both these runs were necessarily made in unusually slow time, as the contestants had great difficulty in keeping to the course on account of the water-soaked boards. No time was taken for either race.

The seven-lap (910 yards) run went to three Freshmen: H. Perrin, first; A. W. Douglass, second; C. A. Page, third. The 20-lap race was won by D. F. O'Connell '21; H. D. Costigan '20, second; G. S. Weld '20, third.

The remaining events of the carnival will take place this afternoon if the weather is fair, the men reporting as was announced for yesterday at the Locker Building at 3.15. At 3.30 the 1921 interdormitory relays will be run, and at 3.45 the Freshman-Sophomore relay. The awarding of the bronze medals to holders of first places, which was to have been made yesterday, will be made today.