1,380 MEMBERS NOW IN SERVICE

Harvard Club of Boston Has 916 Enrolled in Fighting Forces.

According to statistics given out in the annual report of the Harvard Club of Boston, 1,380 members of the club are now devoting their time to some kind of Government service. Of this number, 916 are enrolled in the fighting forces of the Allies, while 464 are engaged in auxiliary service such as the Home or State Guards, the Red Cross, the Y. M. C. A., Government or civil service work.

The figures show that nearly one-third of the total number of members of the club are giving all their time to work for the Allied cause. The total membership as compiled in the report is 4,462.

Although no exact figures are yet obtainable concerning the rank of the men who have joined the colors, the list contains the names of a number of men holding high commands in both army and navy. The death list of members in the service since April 6, 1917, shows five names.

The statistics given out by the New York Harvard Club on January 1, 1918, showed that 914 men, of which 870 are in active service, out of a total membership of 4,919 were working for the Government. The Boston Club service flag has, therefore, 466 more stars than that of the New York Club, though the number of men in the actual fighting forces shows that the former has a lead of only 36.