HALF COURSE CREDIT FOR R. O. T. C. CAMP

TO ACT AS OFFICERS

The University Faculty, it was announced yesterday, has voted that credit be granted toward an A.B. degree to all men who successfully complete either of the two courses in Military Science which will be given this summer by the University Training Corps under the auspices of the Summer School. Men who take Military Science 2 this year, however, will receive no academic credit for training during the six-weeks' course, but will be invited to participate in the work as officers and noncommissioned officers of the regiment, without charge for tuition. Only men who are in good standing in their studies at the end of the college year will be allowed to enroll in the summer training. Captain W. M. Cole, Q.M.C., U.S.R., will give an additional course in Regimental Supply Service identical with that which he has held during the past winter under the name of Military Science 5.

The Headquarters Office also announced that the University military authorities are very favorable to the policy of having an all-college camp during the last half of the course, which is to be on the same footing with the War Department as the regular military science work.

Men who have had no military experience will receive at the summer camp a course of training similar to that given through the year in Military Science 1. Those who have passed the first year military work at the University, or have had equivalent work else-where, will be enrolled in a course of work such as is taken in term time by members of Military Science 2. And all Military Science 2 men who wish to stay with the corps in the summer will be allowed an excellent opportunity to gain much-needed practice in commanding. The latter, it was stated yesterday, while not enrolled in either course, will be on the records of the regiment, and will stand highest in the recommendation for future military camps.

During the first period of three weeks, the corps will be in barracks in the Freshman Dormitories, and the last half of the training will be spent in camp. The place of encampment has not yet been decided upon, but it is possible that the regiment will go to Barre.