WILL HOLD CONVENTION OF I.C.A.A.A.A. IN NEW YORK

PLAN WINTER CARNIVAL

Many matters of intercollegiate importance are scheduled to come up before the I. C. A. A. A. A. at its annual convention in New York City today. J. C. Bolton '20 will represent the University track team at the meeting, at which the dates and places of the spring track contests among the Eastern colleges will be set.

The convention will also decide whether there will be an intercollegiate freshman meet in the East this year; there is still considerable doubt about the matter. The impression has been generally given by recent newspaper articles that the annual freshman meet would be staged at the University this season, but the track management emphatically denies this. It is quite likely that the convention will also make several changes in the constitution and by laws of the association.

Winter Carnival Next Week.

The annual mid-winter track carnival will be held next Thursday and Friday afternoons on Soldiers Field and in the cage. The events will be open to all members of the University and will be run largely on an interclass basis.

Blue books for entries will be found in the Freshman Dormitories, at Leavitt and Peirce's and in the Union. The entries close Tuesday night. All men planning to enter must have had strength tests since Christmas. These may be taken at the Randolph Gymnasium any afternoon between 1.30 and 4 o'clock.