FOUR NAMES ADDED TO HARVARD'S HONOR ROLL

HOPKINS DIED IN CAMP

Word has been received from France of the death in action on the Western Front of three more members of the University and of the capture by the Germans of a fourth. A fifth has recently died of pneumonia at Camp Meade. This is the largest single casualty list of Harvard men that has yet appeared.

Lieutenant R. Jefferson Feigl '19.

Lieutenant R. Jefferson Feigl '19 was killed in action last week while serving with the artillery of the American Expeditionary Forces in France. He was sent overseas immediately after completing his course at the first Officers' Training Camp at Plattsburg. He is the first officer from the present Junior class to be killed in the war.

Captain Edward McClure Peters, Jr., '16.

On March 11, Captain Edward McClure Peters, Jr., '16 was killed in action in France. Receiving his preliminary education in the Berkshire School, he obtained his degree from the University in 1916, entered the regular army in the fall of that year, and obtained his commission as second lieutenant in the infantry in the following November. He later entered the Army Service School at Leavenworth, Kansas, and was ordered to report for service on the Mexican border with the Third United States Infantry, later being transferred to the Sixteenth Infantry. Last June Lieutenant Peters went to France with the first contingent in command of a machine gun company. He was advanced to the rank of Captain last December.

Sergeant Robert Hogg '05.

A third man to be killed is Robert Hogg '05, of Worcester, a graduate of St. Paul's School, where he was an all-around athlete. He enlisted upon the declaration of war last April in the First Corps Cadets, and was promoted to the grade of first sergeant, which rank he held when he fell.

Captain Ralph Sherman Hopkins '11.

Captain Ralph Sherman Hopkins '11 recently died of pneumonia at the cantonment at Camp Meade, Maryland, where he was stationed with B Company of the 313th Infantry.

Lieutenant H. B. Willis '12.

Word has also been received that Lieutenant H. B. Willis '12, a member of the Lafayette Escadrille, is a prisoner in Germany, being captured at Verdun in August, 1917. He went to France as a member of an American ambulance unit, in which capacity he received the Croix de Guerre. He later entered the French air service as a member of the Lafayette Escadrille.