MILITARY SCIENCE 1 WILL GO TO WAKEFIELD

SHOOT ON WEEK-ENDS

The announcement, made last Tuesday evening by Lieutenant Colonel Blake, to the effect that record target practice will be held on the Wakefield Range next May, was approved yesterday by the Headquarters Office of the University Training Corps. On account of the difficulty of obtaining ammunition, it has finally been decided that only men in Military Science 1 will shoot the course. Those who are enrolled in the advanced class will accompany their organizations to the range, where they will be detailed for duty as instructors and possibly as markers.

According to present plans, the Corps will be taken to Wakefield in sections during the month of May, each section spending a week-end on the range. In all probability, the division of the regiment for these trips will be by battalions.

Each battalion will go to Wakefield by train or trolley on a Saturday. They will start their rifle practice immediately, camp at the range that night, continue the firing on Sunday if necessary, and will finally "hike" back to Cambridge on Sunday afternoon. Tentage for the University Corps will be provided by the Naval Reserve Force, now stationed at the range, so that the men will travel in light marching order.