NINE IS PROGRESSING RAPIDLY

INFIELD OF UNIVERSITY TEAM ROUNDING OUT IN STRONG MANNER.

One week of practice has resulted in a general improvement in the work of the baseball candidates for the University and 1921 teams. Already some semblance of a nine is being developed by Coach Duffy, and although it has been impossible to select the best man for each position in so short a period, the members of the two aggregations have shown up in excellent style for so early a date.

An abundance of good material is present in the infield of both teams. The shifting of R. P. Hallowell '20 from the outfield to third base has rounded out an already strong infield for the University team, which is composed of L. P. Jones '19 at first, J. B. Wolverton '20 at second and R. E. Gross '19 at shortstop. The Freshman infield also promises well, with H. P. King or J. Holmes, Jr., at first base, G. H. Dorr or W. B. Frothingham at second, J. T. Baldwin at shortstop, and R. J. Philips, T. J. Meehan or J. A. Lowell on third.

The backstop positions on both squads are being hotly contested. T. H. Gammack '20 and P. Zach '19 appear to be the pick of the University contestants, while C. F. Havemeyer and A. B. Blair are the best of the 1921 catching staff.