DRAMATIC CLUB SUSPENDS ACTIVITIES DURING WAR

TO COLLECT NO DUES

Professor Baker and the officers of the Dramatic Club have issued the following statement:

"It has been definitely decided by the Executive Committee of the Harvard Dramatic Club, in consultation with the Advisory Board, that the club will suspend all activities for the duration of the War. No dues will be collected and no elections, either of officers or members, will be held during the period. When the normal life of the College is resumed after the War a production will be made under the direction of one or more of the present officers and new officers and members elected immediately afterwards. Thus the organization will be kept intact.

"This decision has been reached for two reasons. The Executive Committee and the Advisory Board do not believe that the Club would be justified in undertaking a production involving great expense during the present crisis. Furthermore, the ranks of the Club have been so depleted by the entrance of members into the service that a production of the usual standard would be wholly impossible.

"Will all persons having past programs, posters, or any documents connected with the history of the Dramatic Club leave them at the 47 Workshop office in Lower Massachusetts within ten days? The files of the Dramatic Club are at present by no means complete."