'21 BASEBALL SEASON TO BE OPENED TODAY

EXPECT 1921 VICTORY

Freshman baseball will formally commence this afternoon when the 1921 nine will meet Rindge Technical School on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock. Although several practice games have been played against the University nine, today's engagement will present the first opportunity of sizing up the Freshman aggregation. Judging from Rindge's record of two defeats and one victory in the three contests played this spring, the 1921 team will not be pressed hard to win.

Several Shifts Made.

The shifting of J. T. Baldwin '21 and J. Holmes '21, former infielders, to the outfield has strengthened the latter department, particularly in hitting. M. P. Davis '21, who has been playing regularly in centre field, will be the other fielder to start in today's game.

E. L. Bigelow '21 and C. B. Butterfield '21 will probably share the work in the box. H. P. King '21, acting captain of the nine, at first base, has been playing a strong game, and will be one of the Freshmen's mainstays this afternoon.

Preparing For Princeton Game.

The University nine will practice this afternoon as usual in preparation for the opening game of the triangular series with Princeton on Saturday. As the Military Science work will prevent any baseball tomorrow this will be the next to last workout before the opening of the season for the University team.

E. A. McCouch '20 has replaced L. P. Jones '18 at first base temporarily, and may start Saturday's game in that position. The former's place in right field will probably be filled by either K. Morse '20 or J. G. Coolidge '20