UNION TO OPEN AFTER RECESS

LIBRARY AND WRITING ROOMS TO BE AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS.

In the absence of Regent Brandegee, the former chairman of the committee in charge of the Union, Dean Yeomans will co-operate with the undergraduate committee in opening the west wing of the building to students immediately after the spring vacation. Plans have been under consideration since the latter part of February for allowing the men of the University the use of the rooms in the main portion of the Union, but on account of the continued uncertainty of the weather, and the serious aspect of the coal situation, it was decided to postpone the opening until a more propitious time. Now, however, conditions are such as to permit the use of the whole building without fear of a lack of heat, and arrangements are already being made for an early opening of the west wing.

Library to be Available.

The rooms on the first floor will, as in former years, be available for reading and writing purposes. They will be prepared for general use immediately after the Junior Dance, which takes place on Wednesday evening, April 11, and will be open on the first day of the spring term.

On the second floor the men will be once more allowed the privileges of the library of the Union, which furnishes, in addition to a large collection of standard literature, many files of current periodicals and all University publications. Here also may be obtained a limited supply of texts, references and books for outside reading in many University courses.