PROF. FRANKFURTER MADE HEAD OF LABOR ACTIVITIES

To Centralize Control of Government Depts. Which Produce War Materials.

Professor Felix Frankfurter, LL.B. '06, Professor of Law at the University, but now on leave of absence, was appointed on Saturday by Secretary of Labor Wilson as administrator of war labor activities. The creation of the office is designed to bring under central control the labor activities of all Government departments having to do with the production of war materials. Professor Frankfurter will co-ordinate the industrial sections of the War and Navy Departments, the Shipping Board, the Department of Agriculture and the War Industries Board. Heretofore all these department have acted independently in obtaining their labor supply and in deciding wage problems.

Since last May Professor Frankfurter has been acting as confidential assistant to Secretary Baker. He has recently returned from England and France, where he studied war labor problems.

Having taken an A.B. degree at the City College of New York in 1902, Professor Frankfurter was graduated with highest honors from the Law School in 1906. In the summer of that year he was appointed Assistant United States District Attorney in New York, and in 1911 was appointed law officer of the Bureau of Insular Affars in the War Department, acting as chief legal advisor of the colonial administration. He was appointed in 1914 head of a new department in the University.