23 CRIMSON CANDIDATES REPORT

Need Sophomores and Freshmen for News and Business Ends.

A total of 23 candidates reported for the fall competitions of the CRIMSON last Tuesday evening. Eight of these were members of the Junior class, who will try out for the editorial department of the paper, while three Sophomores and six Freshmen will complete for the news, and two Sophomores and four Freshmen for the business end.

The following were the editorial candidates from 1920: A. S. Aronson, R. H. Bassett, F. Hibbard, H. H. Jayne, A. E. Kirk, E. A. McCouch, A. W. Marget, and T. J. Williams. Those who reported for the news department were: C. Brown '21, G. Howe '21, T. S. Lamont '21, E. M. Finn '22, A. Gardiner '22, P. Ocliver '22, J. Sargent '22, and J. Turkell '22. The business candidates were: S. H. Askowith '21, G. Howe '21, M. P. Baker '22, H. P. Bross '22, H. W. Hardy '22 and W. E. Leidt '22.

Although this is a fair showing on the part of the Juniors for the editorial competition and by the Freshmen for both news and business, many more candidates are still needed. The number of Sophomores who came out for both news and business is surprisingly small, and there is an excellent opportunity for many more members of the class of 1921 in both of these departments.