ARTILLERY UNIT AT YALE

82 Members Enrolled in R. O. T. C.--4 Year Course With Summer Camps Leads to Commissions.

Pending the announcement of final plans for artillery R. O. T. C. Units Yale has established a Unit along pre-war lines. The 82 members now enrolled will take three hours of theoretical instruction a week which will count toward a degree, and three hours of practical work. Upon completion of the four-year course, which will include summer camps, the men will be given provisiona commissions in the Regular Army or commissions in the Reserve.

The plan has received the personal attention of General Danford, Field Artillery Chief, who has placed Colonel Beard in command. As in past years the Government provides uniforms, and all other equipment, together with free riding facilities for the men. Provision will be made for work this summer at one of the army firing centres, but summer work will not be compulsory this year.

At the present time membership in the unit entails no obligation whatever. The government will aid the Unit in every possible way and is now outlining a course which will eliminate as far as possible, the monotonous drill features of the S. A. T. C.