TO LEAVE FOR CONSTANTINOPLE

Professor E. C. Moore Will be Member of Relief Commission.

The Reverend Edward Caldwell Moore, D.D., Chairman of the Board of Preachers, and Plummer Professor of Christian Morals, will leave for Constantinople next Saturday, January 4, as a member of the American Commission on Relief and Reconstruction in the Near East. The chairman of the commission is the Reverend Dr. James L. Barton of Boston, chairman of the Congregational Commission for Foreign Missions, which has been prominent in its work at Roberts College for Women, Constantinople. The other five members of the reconstruction commission beside Professor Moore are: Rabbi Wise of New York, President John H. Main of Grinell College, Iowa, Mr. W. W. Poet of Washington, D. C., formerly of Constantinople, Judge Victor Dowling of New York, and Mr. Henry Hatch. The commission will sail for England and from there will continue its journey to Turkey.

About the middle of this month, after matters have been arranged by the commission for the furthering of relief work in Constantinople, another ship will sail from this country with supplies of food and hospital equipment, and with a personnel of doctors, nurses, and others who will work on relief and reconstruction in Turkey.

During the absence of Professor Moore, the chairmanship of the Board of Preachers will be assumed by the Reverend Paul Revere Frothingham, D.D. '86, minister of the Arlington Street Unitarian Church, Boston.