COLLEGE SPORTS REVIVING

Yale Crew and Hockey Under Way--New Rink for Dartmouth--Cornell Track Prospects Good.

The reports of the athletic conditions at the various eastern colleges seem to indicate that all sports are fast returning to a pre-war basis. Yale, Princeton, and most other colleges are working on the question of modified eligibility rules for men who have dropped a class by entering national service. It is also proposed to eliminate many of the non-essential features, such as the training table.

Authorities at Yale are making every effort to stimulate interest in both major and minor sports among the undergraduates. Their chief difficulty lies in the fact that many experienced members of the Athletic Association are absent, and in the present lack of funds to carry on the athletics. However, the first crew practice was held last Monday, and the hockey team has been working for two weeks on the out-door rink. The manager has arranged for a game almost every week.

Dartmouth to Have New Rink.

At Dartmouth interest in hockey will be revived by the completion in the near future of the alumni Oval rink. Twenty-five candidates have reported for the class sevens, from which a picked team will be chosen to play the alumni during carnival week. Prospects for a strong baseball team have been enhanced by the return of eight letter men to college.

Cornell Track Squad Strong.

The revival of athletics at Cornell is proceeding rapidly. Jack Moakley, the track coach, has a squad of over 150 candidates, including a few of last year's men, from which to build up a university team. The track men will probably have the use of the large drill hall, devoted until recent times to training aviators. This hall contains space or a big track, a straightaway, and also for a basketball court and other gymnasium equipment. The new hall, together with the out-door board track, the baseball cage and the Schoellkopf Field will give Cornell an athletic plant equal to any other in the country.