START HOCKEY PRACTICE TODAY AT CHARLESBANK

NEED MANAGER CANDIDATES

The first hockey practice of the season will be held this afternoon, weather permitting. The boards of the two Charlesbank rinks have been put up, and the rinks flooded, so that continued freezing weather alone is required.

At least 80 players are expected to report for the University and Freshman teams, both of which will be coached by R. E. Gross '19. The University team has several promising candidates, experienced men, who will compete for positions on the forward line R. E. Gross '19, A. H. Bright '19 and E. Cabot '20 of last year's Informals; E. L. Bigelow '21, captain; and F. M. Bacon '21, of the 1921 Freshman seven. A strong defensive combination will be furnished by H. K. White '19, C. A. Clark '19, J. Stubbs '20, H. P. King '21, R. S. Humphrey '21, and J. Holmes '21 (goal). J. A. Sessions '21, and T. M. Avery '21 have also shown ability.

With these players as a nucleus for the squad, the prospects for a successful season are very encouraging. Whether or not games with Yale and Princeton can be arranged depends upon the action of the new Athletic Committee to be appointed by President Lowell.

Little is known of the Freshman candidates. The Freshman team will play the usual number of games with near-by preparatory schools and Yale 1922.

Additional candidates for both University and 1922 managerial competitions are desired, and they should report at the H. A. A. as soon as possible. Only a dozen men at present are out for these, competitions, which are in charge of E. W. Pavenstedt '20, manager of last year's Informals.