START INDOOR SPORTS

ANDERSON WRESTLING COACH

Men who are interested in the wrestling, fencing, swimming or gymnastic teams are to sign the Blue Book at the H. A. A. Office in the Union as soon as possible. If a sufficient number of men show an active interest in these sports, University and Freshman squads will be organized early next week.

The wrestling team will practice in the Randolph Gymnasium in a room specially fitted for this sport. Practice will be under the supervision of Coach Sam Anderson, ex-world-champion welterweight wrestler, who has been the University coach for several seasons. Candidates will be divided into three classes: lightweight (under 125 lbs.), middleweight (125 to 150 lbs.), and heavyweight (over 150 lbs.).

The fencing team will be handicapped by the absence of Prof. Leslabay who has been in the service of France since last spring. Several graduate applicants for the position of coach are being considered by the H. A. A. If enough interest is shown, outside contests will be arranged. Last year the informal fencing team competed for the Manrique Cup in Brooklyn, N. Y.

The swimming team will be under the supervision of Physical Director Waters of the Cambridge Y. M. C. A. who has coached University teams for two years. Practice will be held in the Cambridge Y. M. C. A. tank. Men are needed for the dash, the relay, and for fancy diving.

No coach for the gymnastic team has yet been appointed but if a sufficient number of men report for the squad, a coach will be provided. The gymnastic team of last season held practice in the Sargent gymnasium.