Completely Whitewashed.

Communications

(The Crimson invites all men in the University to submit signed communications of timely interest. It assumes no responsibility, however, for sentiments expressed under this head and reserves the right to exclude any whose publication would be palpably inappropriate.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

A recent editorial in the "CRIMSON" mentioned Mr. Laski's remark as to the right of any and all labor to organize as it wished: and by a remarkable feat of legerdemain transformed this opinion into a mere dislike for the person of Commissioner Curtis. Although I do not know Mr. Laski personally, I feel certain that it will be a very shocking thing for him to find himself so completely whitewashed into orthodoxy, despite his manifest pride in maintaining his bizarre views.

What Mr. Laski meant to say was undoubtedly that all labor has the right to organize as it will; and having spent the time and labor necessary to write a very dry and scholarly book completely setting forth this view, it must be rather discouraging to find himself so completely reversed. Whether Mr. Laski is right or not is open to discussion; but let us at least grant him the privilege of being "different." HAROLD M. FLEMING '20.