SMITH HALLS VICTORS IN RUN

UNIVERSITY HARRIERS PREPARE FOR RUN WITH SYRACUSE ON OCT.25.

Smith Halls won the interdormitory cross-country meet yesterday afternoon with a score of 22; Standish Hall was second with 57 points, while Gore Hall trailed with a total of 68. The score was obtained by adding the place numbers of the best five men of each hall.

The result of this run gave Smith Hall five points, Standish Hall three points and Gore Hall one in the Interdormitory all-around competition.

Winchester Secures First Place.

The first 13 men, in their order of finishing, were as follows: J. G. Winchester, H. L. Pratt, Jr., G. S. Mahon, W. C. Bennett, S. L. Tait, B. D. Howard, L. Zerega, P. R. Brown, R. M. Bryan, T. S. Whitman, W. W. Smith, S. B. Robinson and C. J. Shean.

Winchester of Smith Halls covered the four-mile course in 26 minutes and 29 seconds, while Pratt and Mahon were a close second and third, with a time of 26.33 and 27.30, respectively. For these first 13 men a special training table will be started in the Smith dining hall beginning today.

A meeting of the 1923 squad will be held Thursday evening to elect a captain for Saturday's meet.

Time Trials for Syracuse Meet.

Preliminary time trials for the Syracuse meet were held yesterday afternoon. The results follow: J. E. Nally '21, doing the course in 26 minutes and 7 seconds, was first. Following him, in the order given, were G. F. Wason '21, F. G. Bemis '22, T. G. Ames '20, B. Lewis '20, H. G. Crosby '22, A. W. Douglas '20. Although 17 men are entered for this meet, which is a week from Saturday, only six men will be taken on the trip. They will be selected by a series of time trials, the first of which came yesterday.