LIPMAN AND TURENNE WIN IN SINGLES SEMI-FINALS

Law School Man Victor Over Egbert In Straight Sets.--Doubles Results

R. L. Lipman 3L and L. A. de Turenne '21 were the victors in the semi-final round of the singles tournament yesterday, and will, therefore, meet Monday to play the deciding contest. All the matches played yesterday were characterized by hard and fast racquet work with surprisingly few mistakes.

The match between R. L. Lipman 3L and L. D. Egbert 2G was the feature contest of the afternoon, and it was with difficulty that Lipman could win 10 to 8. During the second set both players were off form, and Lipman took five games in order. Egbert then rallied and scored one, but was unable to come through again, and the set fell to Lipman 6 to 1.

The contest between L. A. de Turenne '21 and J. B. Fenno '21 was a closer match, as both players use much the same style of tennis. Turenne managed to win out by a score of 8--6, 5--7, 6--4.

Doubles Reach Semi-Finals.

The most spectacular match in the doubles was between R. L. Lipman 3L and L. A. de Turenne '21 against G. C. Guild '23 and R. W. Hoskins '23. The Freshman pair surprised the gallery by the splendid fight they put up against their opponents. Only the greater experience and careful play of the veteran players enabled Lipman and de Turenne to win 6--1, 6--4. In the other doubles contests C. Hyams '20 and J. B. Fenno '21 won from R. Weaver '21 and C. E. Dickerson '20 by a score of 6--3, 6--4, while the match between J. Kleberg '22 and F. T. Pratt '22 against H. McK. Erb '20 and H. B. Brown '21 was called on account of darkness when the score stood 6--3, 3--6, 7--7. The semi-final round in the doubles tournament will also be played on Monday.