LOWELL LECTURES ANNOUNCED

"THE PRIMITIVE MIND," SUBJECT OF COURSE BY PROF. LEVY-BRUHL.

Lowell Institute announces as part of the program for its eighty-first season, four lecture courses in the Huntington Hall series. Among the lecturers the University's only representative will be Dr. Lucien Levy-Bruhl whose subject will be "La Mentalite Primitive."

As usual these lectures are free and open to the public. They will be given in Huntington Hall, Rogers Building, 491 Boylston street. The outline of the courses is as follows:

Armenia Subject of First Course.

The first course, given on Monday and Thursday evenings at 8 o'clock, beginning Monday, October 13, will be eight lectures on Armenia by Frederick Cornwallis Conybearse, M. A., Honorary Fellow of University College, Oxford. 1. Physiography and Climate of America as Determining Factors of History. 2. Assyrian Epoch, Vannic Civilization. 3. The Khaldis Moses of Kleoren's Traditions. 4. Advent of Armenians and the Persian Conquest. 5. Iranic Influence on Language, Religion, and Institutions of Armenia. 6. Greek Influence. Christianity. 7. Armenia as an Appanage of Parthia. Sassanid Epoch and Mohammedan Conquest. 8. Armenian Diaspora in Cilicia, Persia, Poland. Political Outlook of Today.

The Second course will be lectures (in English) on France and the War: Lessons and Problems, by Abbe Ernest Dunnet, Professeur au College Stanislas, Paris, Agrege de l'Universite. 1. France revealed to herself and to the World by the War. 2. Restoration of French Unity by the War. 3. Effects of the War on the Moral Ideas of the French. 4. Craving for intellectual and Moral Superiority Created by the War. Distinguished Men Revealed by the War. 5. A Clearer View of Realities. 6. Conflicting Currents of Thought. 7. Probability of Political Modifications. 8. America and France in the Future.

These lectures will be on Tuesdays and Fridays at 5 o'clock in the afternoon, beginning Tuesday, October 14.

Englishman to Lecture on Hygiene.

The Third Course will be six lectures on Industrial Hygiene, by Dr. Thomas Morrison Legge, D. P. rf., of London, England. Dr. Legge is author of "Public Health in European Capitals," etc. 1. Manufacture under Medieval Craft Guilds. 2. Industrial Fatigue. 3. Modern Industry as a subject for Art. 4. Fumes and Gases and the Edward Medal. 5. Anthrax. 6. Industrial Polsons and Their Prevention.

These are held on Mondays and Thursdays at 8 o'clock in the evening, beginning Monday, November 17.

Harvard's Exchange Professor Talks.

The Fourth Course will be eight lectutes (in French) on La Mentalite Primitive, by Professor Lucien Levy-Bruhl, Member of the Institute and Professor at the Sorbonne in Paris, on Tuesdays and Fridays at 5 o'clock in the afternoon, beginning Tuesday, November 25. Addition courses will be announced later in the Program of Lowell Institute, obtainable at all times by sending a stamped envelope to the curator, 491 Boylston street. Notices will also appear from time to time in the Boston Evening Transcript. Further information may be secured at Huntington Hall, 491 Boylston street.