SWIMMING POOLS IMPROVED BY NUMEROUS ALTERATIONS

Hereafter Natators Will Find Water Warm and Clean at Randolph and Big Tree.

Warm water during the winter season is one of the innovations which will be enjoyed hereafter in the Randolph Gymnasium swimming pool. This has become possible owing to the recent discovery of an old pipe line which runs close by the gymnasium from one of the heating plants. This has been repaired and a connection made between it and the pool, thus enabling the management to keep the water at a more normal temperature in the future.

There have been many difficulties encountered in repairing the Big Tree swimming pool, which has also been renovated. The water heretofore has been so full of iron that, on standing for a time in the pool, it became murky. This trouble has been repaired by arranging to connect the swimming pool pipes with some Cambridge water instead of with the old artesian well water. This water will be heated by the plant in Dunster.

Big Tree Tank Also Improved.

The Big Tree tank has previously been seven feet deep at all points. Now one end has been filled with concrete until the water measures three and one-half feet, the filling sloping off to the middle of the pool.

Yesterday the upper six of the eleven new squash courts at the Randolph Gymnasium were opened for use. These courts will be sufficient to take care of all comers for the present. The rest of the courts will not open until next week.