ELECT EMMONS COUNCIL HEAD

DISAPPROVE TENNIS AS MAJOR SPORT.--DISCUSS QUESTION OF SONG LEADER.

R. W. Emmons 3rd, '20, was elected president of the Student Council at its meeting last night, F. Workum was made vice-president, and E. A. McCouch '20 secretary-treasurer.

The Executive Committee as elected consists of the three officers mentioned above, ex-officio, and E. A. Bacon '20, C. F. Batchelder, Jr., '20, W. Davis '21, and H. H. Faxon '21.

On the petition to make tennis a major sport, the Council voted: (1) that it was not in favor of establishing tennis on the basis of a major sport; (2) that it was in favor of the Athletic Association procuring a tennis coach, if that is possible, and (3) that it was in favor of granting the major letter to the winners of the singles and doubles in an intercollegiate tournament. A committee was appointed to draft the opinion of the Student Council on the subject, which resolution would be forwarded to the Athletic Committee.

The Student Council expressed itself in favor of mass meetings and organized cheering, but left the calling of those meetings to the cheer-leaders. The question of a song leader for the football games was left for the Executive Committee to act upon.