PRINCETON.

A team playing away from home needs even more than the usual support. A real live cheering section at the Princeton game will increase the team's chances of success by a great margin. To date, only about one hundred and fifty applications for tickets at Princeton have been handed in, of which less than forty are in the cheering section. The man outside the cheering section is of no great help; he is an interested spectator, not a rooter.

In 1911, when we had practically no men in the stands, we lost. In 1913 and 1915, when we had approximately six hundred in the stands, we won. Some may argue that the number present had no bearing on the games, but the respective results in the score seem due to more than coincidence. A vivid example of the power of "pep" is the result of the Yale-Boston College game last Saturday. Men of the latter institution, who could not afford to go by train, walked part of the way and "bummed" the rest to New Haven. Boston College won 5-3.

Cheering will not win a football game, but it is a tremendous help. The next two weeks are to be booming weeks. We must fill those stands!