BROOKS' DRIVE TOTALS $4,156

COLLECTED LARGEST AMOUNT IN ASSOCIATION'S HISTORY SAYS HOFER.

The Phillips Brooks House campaign for funds last week resulted in raising $4,156. This was the announcement made last night by P. Hofer '21, who was chairman of the Canvassing Committee. No greater amount of money has ever been collected in any previous campaign for subscriptions in the history of the association.

Pleased With University's Response.

In view of this result, although the original goal set for the canvassers was $5.000, the managers of the campaign expressed themselves as completely satisfied with the response of the University.

The returns thus far tabulated do not include the results of the campaign in the Graduate School of Business Administration or in the Law School. It is expected that the contributions of the Graduate students will materially increase the total amount subscribed.

Leland Collected $190.

The most successful solicitor in the drive was O. P. Leland '22, who collected $190. Following him came F. J. Hammond '22, $186.50, W. Whitman, 3rd '22, $158.00, K. R. Groener '22, $148.50 and E. D. Weatherhead '22, $129.40. The team records have not yet been compiled, but will be announced today.

These funds, which have just been raised, will be used to carry on the activities of the Phillips Brooks House, including social service work, educational and Americanization campaigns, and other work of a similar character.