BUSINESS SCHOOL'S NEW DEAN

APPOINTMENT OF W. B. DONHAM '98 CONFIRMED AT MEETING OF OVERSEERS.

Wallace Brett Donham '98, vice-president of the Old Colony Trust Company of Boston, has been appointed Dean of the Graduate School of Business Administration. This announcement was made last night at the close of a meeting of the Board of Overseers. Mr. Donham succeeds Edwin F. Gay, who recently resigned his Harvard position to become president of the New York Evening Post Company.

After his graduation from College Mr. Donham entered the Law School and received his degree in 1901, whereupon he entered the legal department of the Old Colony Trust Company. He has been for many years the vice-president of the company, and he is now director in several other large concerns, including the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, the Clinchfield Coal Company, the Haverhill Gaslight Company, and the Raymond and Whitcomb Company. He is president of the Dallas Electric Company. During the war he acted for a time as assistant executive manager of the Massachusetts Committee of Public Safety. More recently he served as receiver for the Bay State Railway Company.

The Business School is entering upon its twelfth year with a record-breaking attendance of 365, which is nearly 60 percent larger than the biggest enrolment in the past. While Dean Gay was in Washington as head of the Central Bureal of Planning and Statistics, and since his resignation, Professor L. F. Schaub has been serving as Acting Dean.