CREW A VICTOR IN MAJOR EVENT

INTERDORMITORY CONTEST DEAD HEAT; CREWS TO RACE NEXT TUESDAY.

In the triangular race between the University crews yesterday "A" crossed the line first, a quarter of a length ahead of "B", which in turn led "C" by three-quarters of a length. The race between the three first Freshman dormitory crews was judged to be a dead heat and will be rowed over next Tuesday. In the second Freshman race Gore won by three-quarters of a length, with Standish second and Smith third.

In the University race crew "A" was never headed, although "B" was able to pull up even several times through momentary spurts. To R. Jenney '21, stroke of crew A, goes most of the credit for the race, which he never let slip out of his grasp for a minute.

Standish and Gore, in the first Freshman race, tied for first place, with Smith three-quarters of a length behind. All three of these crews will row over again on Tuesday, when there will also be held the class and graduate crew races. The 1923 crew men who will continue rowing will not be chosen until after the dormitory championship has been decided.

Gore won the second crew race easily, keeping in the lead from start to finish. Standish and Smith fought hard for second place, but Standish finally crossed the line four feet ahead. These and the other lower Freshman crews will have no more obligatory practice this fall