CALL BASKETBALL MEN TODAY

Formation of Regular 1923 Team Marks Resumption of Game Here.

The much talked of revival of basketball at the University will be realized today for the members of the Freshman class, in accordance with the plans of the Physical Training Department. The first call for candidates for the 1923 Basketball team has been issued for this afternoon at 4 o'clock at the Hemenway Gymnasium.

After Mr. Geer has explained the aims of the department in this newely organized sport, practice will start under the direction of temporary coaches. Permaent coaches will later be appointed from among the number of experienced men now available in the Graduate Schools. For the present practice will be held in the Hemanway Gymnasium on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday afternoons at 4 o'clock.

Start Manager Competitions.

Competitions for manager and assistant manager of the 1923 team will also start this afternoon. All men who desire to compete for these positions should report at Stoughton 28 at 3.30 o'clock. The competitions, which are open to all members of the Freshman class, will last until the Christmas vacation.

The schedule, as far as it has been evolved, includes a program of games with leading preparatory school teams and a tentative contest with the Yale Freshmen. Numerals will be awarded to the men making the team, as in other minor sports, subject, of course, to the approval of the Athletic Committee.