UNIVERSITY MUST LOSE 16 GRIDIRON PLAYERS IN 1920

Rushline and Backfield Suffer Equally at Next Graduation.--Elis Still Harder Hit.

Sixteen of the thirty-six men now composing the University football squad will be lost to the gridiron by graduation, as eight members of the squad are Seniors and eight are out-of-course students. Yale will be hit still harder, as twenty-five of her thirty-seven football-squad men will graduate.

The line and the backfield will, in the case of Harvard, suffer equally, eight vacancies being left in each. Both of the regular ends, J. K. Desmond Occ., and P. D. Steele '20, and the guards, who have played all year, C. A. Clark, Jr., Occ. and T. S. Woods '20, leave College. Of the other four vacancies left in the rush-line, two are centres and two are ends.

The Eli line, however, is shattered more by graduation than any division of either team. Four ends, four tackles, five guards, and three centres have their last opportunity to play an intercollegiate game today.

16 Men Graduated at Harvard.

The men lost are as follows:

Harvard--J. K. Desmond Occ., P. D. Steele '20, M. Phinney Occ., J. F. Ryan Occ, ends; C A Clark, Jr., Occ., T. S. Woods '20, guards; A. Horween '20, P. J. Philbin '20, centres; W. J. Murray Occ., W. B. Felton Occ., F. J. Johnson '20, quarterbacks; E. L. Casey Occ., S. Burnham '20; F. C. Church '20, R. Horween Occ., and N. V. Nelson Occ., backs.