WITHINGTON SEES NO CAUSE FOR 1923 OVER-CONFIDENCE

TEAM PLAY WILL COUNT

By Dr. PAUL Withington .

The Freshmen football team faces a hard proposition in its game with the Princeton Freshmen Saturday. Princeton, like Yale, has an unusually big Freshman team, and that it is aggressive and strong is shown by its 22-0 defeat of the Eli yearlings. From past records, including play against the Princeton Varsity it is evident that they are a difficult team to defeat and consequently will enter the game full of confidence.

The Harvard Freshmen, on the other hand, are unusually light this year, and unlike many Freshman teams, are not blessed by any former school-boy stars. However, the team has one excellent asset. The men have shown throughout the season an eagerness to learn and a zeal for accomplishment which so far has brought them out on top in each of the preliminary games. Spirit and team-play will go a long way toward winning football games, but every member of the Freshman squad realizes that, with Chapin, Kunhardt, and De Jonge, who have played a big part in the early games, forced to watch the contest from the sidelines, only the utmost effort by the team will bring victory Saturday.