END SOCCER SEASON WITH VICTORY OVER HAVERFORD

University Team Subdues Powerful Pennsylvania Eleven By a Score of 1-0.

The University Soccer team closed its season on Saturday by winning a hard-fought game from the Haverford eleven, 1-0. Haverford, which was considered to have one of the best soccer teams of the year and to be a strong aspirant for the League title, rallied during the last 20 minutes of play and menaced the University's goal several times, but clever work on the part of the Crimson backs kept the ball from passing the goal posts. The game was especially marked by excellent team-work on both sides.

The score came early in the game after a brilliant play on the part of R. E. Henderson '21 and A. W. Schmidt '21, who had carried the ball in front of the Pennsylvanian's goal. Henderson drove it hard at Osler, the Haverford goal-tender, who was unable to handle the ball successfully, and it slipped between the posts for the winning score.

The line-up was as follows: HARVARD  HAVERFORD Washburn, g.  g., Osler Glaser, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Moore Carpenter, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Henderson Heard, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Wood Tilton, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Muench Masters, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Ufford Henderson, l.i.f.  r.i.f., McKinley Schmidt, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Leubs Fisher, c.f.  c.f., Hallett Phillips, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Jones Kellett, r.o.f.  l.o.f., McDaniels