FOUNDS TRINITY SCHOLARSHIP

C. H. Fiske '93 Gives About $8000 in Memory of Son Who Died in War.

Charles Henry Fiske, Jr., of Weston, Massachusetts, Harvard 1893, has presented to Trinity College, Cambridge, England, the sum of 1,600 pounds for the establishment of a scholarship in memory of his son, Charles Henry Fiske, 3d, Harvard 1919, to be tenable by an American student nominated by the President and Fellows of Harvard University. The President and Fellows were recently informed of the gift and have accepted the privilege of making the nomination.

The candidate nominated by the President and Fellows, according to the terms of the agreement "must be at least qualified for admission to Harvard University". Any man who has passed his Harvard admission examinations will, therefore, be eligible. The nomination has to be accompanied (together with evidence of character and attainments) by a statement of the course of study which the nominee purposes to take. The tenure is for one year, with power to the council of Trinity College to renew it for a second or third year. The value of the scholarship may be reckoned at about $400.

Charles Henry Fiske, 3d, in whose memory the scholarship was established, was a member of the Harvard Class of 1919 and before his entrance into Harvard was a student in Trinity College. He was mortally wounded on August 12, 1918, near Fismes, where he was serving as a second lieutenant in the 11th Regiment of the 28th Division, United States Army. This is the second scholarship in his honor, his parents having established one at Harvard last spring to enable a French student to get his education here.

Men who desire to offer themselves as candidates for the scholarship during the year 1920-21 are requested to notify President Lowell in writing at their early convenience.